Monday, November 19, 2012

Dancing at Cross The Pond

Each night as I make dinner, I turn on music so we can dance in the kitchen. I've been doing it ever since we moved to London as a way of keeping the kids engaged and spending time with them while I prepare our tea. They love it.

So, it was an easy decision when I was asked if I'd like a copy of Pop Party 10. I thought, "Great, music for the kids to dance during meal prep!" I had NO idea.

The CD arrived and I popped it in. I thought it was going to be kiddie music but it was MY music! Psy's Gangnam Style was the first track on the CD and the kids went crazy dancing. The best part was, I popped in the DVD too and the first track: Psy again! Well, let's suffice it to say the kids and I are masters at the Gangnam Style dance. It's hilarious! They love that DVD (the toilet scene brings a huge round of giggles!).

The album is packed full of chart-topping smashes from the biggest names in pop from Justin Beiber (even though I am NOT a fan), Cheryl Cole, JLS to Katy Perry and to name but a few. The album features a bonus DVD packed full of great music videos which budding pop stars can dance along to. The album also includes lyric cards which has seriously helped me as I am lyrically challenged (in so many ways!)


A friend was over with her kids and she loved it so much she wanted to borrow the CD to burn. I told her to buy it! Aren't I a stinker?

The funny thing is, we dance anyway, and the kids were seriously tired of the same old tracks on my iPod. This has injected a whole new bunch of songs for us to boogie down to. The truth - I love it the most. It's already downloaded onto my iPod so I can take it with me! And no, I don't dance in the streets, but I'm seriously tempted to!

Track Listing:

CD

1. Psy Gangnam Style (강남스타일)
2. Carly Rae Jepsen Call Me Maybe
3. Maroon 5 Payphone
4. Tulisa Young
5. One Direction What Makes You Beautiful
6. Justin Bieber Boyfriend
7. Cheryl Call My Name
8. Ne-Yo Let Me Love You (Until You Learn To Love Yourself)
9. Jessie J Domino
10. will.i.am Feat. Eva Simons This Is Love
11. Fun Feat. Janelle Monáe We Are Young
12. The Wanted Chasing The Sun
13. Rihanna Where Have You Been
14. Cover Drive Twilight
15. Olly Murs Dance With Me Tonight
16. Katy Perry Part Of Me
17. Stooshe Black Heart
18. Conor maynard Cant say no
19. Alyssa Reid Alone Again
20. Rizzle Kicks Mama Do The Hump
21. JLS Proud
22. The Saturdays 30 Days
DVD

1. Psy Gangnam Style (강남스타일)
2. Tulisa Young
3. One Direction What Makes You Beautiful
4. Justin Bieber Boyfriend
5. Cheryl Call My Name
6. Jessie J Domino
7. The Wanted Chasing The Sun
8. Cover Drive Twilight
9. Olly Murs Dance With Me Tonight
10. Stooshe Black Heart
11. Alyssa Reid Alone Again
12. JLS Proud
13. The Saturdays 30 Days
14. Justin Bieber Behind The Scenes "Boyfriend" Video
15. The Saturdays 30 Days - Behind The Scenes [Music Video]



1 comment:

  1. Isn't music great for kids? Always puts them in a good mood. I remember when my teens were little and there were long winter evenings to fill before bath time. I would put on "Smooth" by Santana, we had blow up electric guitars and sunglasses. We would rock it out for ages!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!