Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Blogiversary to Me!

Three years ago on Tuesday, September 29th 2009, I was heavily pregnant and coming to terms with our impending move to London. Things were in complete upheaval: I was busily getting rid of things, putting stuff in storage, preparing for a second child, poring over estate agent websites in London, worrying about doing my job from across the Atlantic, packing away clothes I still can't fit into, and wondering if I could manage it all.

I had the idea to start a blog about our move and parenting so I sat down, created 'Cross the Pond and scribed my first post. Which you can read here.

So much has changed since that day: I had the X-man, we moved, my sister's cancer came back and she eventually passed away last year, I've made friends, my other sister became a mother, I lost my favourite aunt of all time, Fen and my 10th anniversary (of being together) came and went, and both of my children have started school. It's a whole new world for me.

Every now and again I go through the blog to see how far we've come. There were a few really tough spots there but through it all one things remains constant: my Fen. Always there, always strong, sometimes annoying, but mostly he's just great. I picked the right guy, we have two precious albeit fiesty children, we live a good life. And for that I'm grateful.

1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day!