Tuesday, April 17, 2012

London Book Fair

Absolute madness! I love it. I was there all day on Monday and for just a few hours today. I've been fighting a sore throat and cold which is winning so I cut it short and came home.

I'm hoping to go again tomorrow because it's just such a thrilling adventure for a boring old book worm like me.

I ran into so many people I haven't seen in years. What a thrill. Some of them are doing extremely well, others are exactly the same. Either way, it's great to see them and to see the foreign rights folks from my office.

One of my clients - well, the international arm of that client, were at the fair and we walked around together. What a great feeling it was to meet and greet and see MY books (well, my client's books) out there being hawked and discussed. So nice to see them at the fair and doing well. The clients are fun too, so being with them was just a nice experience.

I like it when I can actually get my hands dirty with my job. Sometimes it's difficult, working from home, isolated - connected only by phone and internet. I miss the office atmosphere. but I keep my eye on the prize and keep at it. All of this is for a reason. I'll be back in my office soon enough.

So for now, I like the London Book Fair. It's still on tomorrow if you get a chance. Mind you, I think all of London is standing outside Earl's Court having a fag. I could NOT breathe going in and out from the smoke. Yuck! If you go, do like I did, take a deep breath and run for the books inside!

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget - the NY book fare is coming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not heading to Book Expo (BEA) this year, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!