Monday, February 6, 2012

A Good, Lazy, Happy Day

On Saturday night it snowed, and snowed, and snowed. It was wonderful. I have always been a fan, since the first time I saw it at 16 (hey, not a lot of snow in the Bahamas, y'know). It was the second snowfall of our time here in London and it was just heavenly being inside warm and cosy with a mug of chai tea, lights off, candles lit (no working fireplace, dang!) watching the snow come down. There's just something so comforting and happy about it to me.

The kids were over the moon about it. They pressed their noses against the glass and marveled at it. It was too late on Saturday for them to go out and Fen was at work until late and there was no way I was going out with the two of them by myself. So first thing on Sunday we were up and at 'em! The photo at the top is in our front path. We made a sad little snowman that I won't embarrass myself by showing. Here they are out back:



Afterward, we went inside, had a nice hot lunch of grilled cheese sandwiches with grapes. X went to for his nap and Cate and I made a magical castle.
Once he woke up and the castle and crew were safely put out of X-danger zone we pitched the small tent in the lounge, piled in the pillows and blankets, set up the portable DVD player with Toy Story 2, gave them chocolate milk and chocolate chip cookies. It was lovely for about an hour then the fighting began (of course). But it gave me enough time to put dinner in the oven, clean up the crafting mess, sweep the kitchen, read a proposal and wipe down the baseboards in the hall (they get so scruffy so quickly).

I'm rambling, but it was just a nice quiet day at home with the kids with the snow outside. We all enjoyed a lovely dinner and then Fen and I snuggled up to watch a documentary about France's King Louis XIV and the building of Versailles. It was just a good day all around.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely day. Kids just love snow don't they? I'm just in the middle of uploading some similar photos of my grandsons enjoying the snow yesterday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I call a Pajama Day! I try to fit one in each week...lots of cuddles, snacks, cartoons and no having to go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your daughter's cherubic face and her pink outfit, those photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!