Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cash Cab is here!

I am so excited. My sneak peek copies of Cash Cab just arrived in the mail from the editor today. It's gorgeous. I love it.

While this may not be a big deal to you, it's a huge, huge deal for me. My sister, Tracy, who passed away nearly 7 months ago was their biggest fan. She could answer just about every question correctly and we would hope against hope that one day we'd be picked up by Ben Bailey and the cash cab. Unfortunately, we never did.

When the opportunity to pitch the book idea come up - I was adamant. It was finally okayed and I went ahead, wrote the proposal and sold it. Tracy was overjoyed. Unfortunately, in the midst of production, she lost her battle with cancer. I had already requested that the book be dedicated to her - which she was really excited about. So when she died, we changed the dedication to her memory instead.

And now here it is. In black and white. Both exciting and heart breaking at the same time. Whatever the emotion, she would love this book. I'm just glad that it's here and I hope it sells like hot cakes.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute to your sister. I know she would love it! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww lovely! My friend Becka was on Cash Cab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Erin--I remember when it was just a concept...! Congratulations! And how great that you were able to pay your sister tribute through this. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. How lovely that your sister knew about this project.

    Lou
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!