Wednesday, January 4, 2012

FREEDOM....sorta

Cate went back to school today and after I dropped her off I managed to have a coffee, run to the bank, Vodaphone, browse drawer handles at Andrews of Hampstead (love that place), peak in a few stores for the sales (bought nothing) and then sauntered back down the hill toward home. X was with his Daddy at the playground and I had 2 hours to myself. I haven't had two hours to myself for over three weeks.

'S wonderful. 'S marvellous. 'S awful nice. 'S paradise! (love that song)

Even though we had a wonderful holiday, despite missing Tracy, I'm already back into the stress of things. It's not that bad because I'm going to make this year easier on myself by pulling back on my overextended life. Easier said than done. But it's going to happen. (Read: I pray I stick to my guns and make it happen).

It's funny how being away for 18 days, sitting in the sun almost daily, becoming tanned and lazy, meeting good, longtime friends, laughing and being carefree can disappear so quickly when you're smacked upside the head by reality. London has been a tad cold, dreary, rainy (hurricane like winds and hail) which was a delightful reminder that this is where we really live. As awful a picture that might be - I'm still glad to be home, tan fading and getting back into the swing of things. I love my job, I love my 'hood and all the friends we've made here. I'm happiest when I'm on a schedule, busy, planning, plotting and moving, moving, moving. So I'm glad I'm home.

Looking forward to the next holiday though! Got a good year of them planned too.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that you are home, safe and sound. I adore the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be kind to yourself to make the time between holidays a bit easier. Wishing you all the very best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!