Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The X-man Turns Two

Today my little man turns two years old. I have been a weepy wreck. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm delighted for him, he's the cutest little fellow with a great personality, very sweet, loving, mischievious and curious. Yesterday I kept picking him up, hugging him, kissing him and saying, "You're two tomorrow." Then I'd get teary eyed. He was sick of me by noon.

Everyone says it goes too quickly and it does. But he's my baby - the last child I'll ever have and while I feel thrilled for him to have a birthday, I'm sad for me because he's growing up. If I was younger I would be tempted to have a third, but it's really not a good idea for me to ever be pregnant again so it's not an option.

So while I'm  having this big heaping moment of self-pity and longing, I'm still delighted that my boy is two. He was so happy to have a scooter and his three storey garage this morning. His eyes lit up and he didn't know which one to play with first. It's so nice to make him happy and just watch him jump up and down in sheer delight. Best feeling in the world.

Cate is not excited about it being X's birthday. She'd rather it be hers. But that's what you get with a four year old! I think she likes the cake, however! And she keeps demanding he share. Hmmm...perhaps she should take a little of her own advice.

After all is said and done, sad for myself or not, I get the greatest pleasure of my life watching my children play, grow and discover. And it's only just started. So indulge me the photos. I can't help myself (and yes, I made the cake myself, never mind the finger tracks of wee ones).




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday X, God bless you and give you a joyous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd Birthday!!!

    The cake looks yummy, and looks like he really enjoyed himself :D

    My little miss turns 2 on the 19th :( I stil at at the newborn pics on the wall and think wooow doesn't seem too long ago x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one turned 2 this year, scary where the time goes! Happy birthday to your gorgeous little boy. That cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks folks! It's amazing how quickly it seems to pass.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!