Friday, November 18, 2011

Something's Got To Go....

I've been burning the candle at both ends lately. It seems that while Fen was gone I was so worried about filling my calendar with things for the kids and for me so we wouldn't be sitting at home by ourselves all day and night, that I overextended myself and fell way behind on a lot of things. Now, I'm frantically paying catch up before we head off to The Bahamas for the holidays.

I have got to slow down. It's mandatory. I haven't had much time to myself in weeks - I scratch out fifteen minutes here and there to write my blog, read blogs or (God forbid) watch television. I take 5 minute showers now (I'm a 40 minute luxury bather at heart). I do nothing for myself. I had a trip planned to go solo to Paris for one night in a few weeks and it looks like it's not going to happen for a multitude of reasons (too much work for one). I'm so disappointed in myself.

When our plane lands back in London on January 1st, I have to have a plan ready to set in motion so that I can spend time with my family, work, have a social life, write, take long baths and actually read something that is not for work. I am not doing myself any favors by putting myself dead last in my list of priorities. I haven't even had a haircut in four months.

You are my witnesses - I will slow down!

1 comment:

Go ahead, make my day!