Thursday, October 6, 2011

A walk through Hampstead

I haven't featured any of the lovely homes and favourite haunts of Hampstead for a while so I thought I'd post a few new ones. I just love the small details, the splashes of colour, the uniqueness. Notice how many of the homes have the plumbing running outside the building - that's how old they are. 

Walking through Hampstead is always a mood lifter. Even when I have to haul up one of the many steep hills. I don't think I could ever tire of seeing this place. I just love it that much. 

Hope you enjoy the mini tour. I realize I am not a world-class photographer, but most of the time I'm pushing a double stroller up a hill with one hand, juggling the camera with the other hand while trying to snap a photo of someone's house without raising suspicion. So it's a quick snap or two and off I go. this is the result of my 'drive-by' photography.









5 comments:

  1. I walked through Hampstead during my UK trip two years ago. Would definitely visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love red bricks - they just hold some magical appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumbing on the outside of the building doesn't necessarily indicate the age of a house. I grew up in a house built in the 60's and when my parents had an addition put on in the 70's, the new shower drain ran into a pipe that was on the outside of the building and then down into a drain at the bottom! The washing machine drained into the same pipe.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!