Friday, September 2, 2011

Making Friends...Again

Ahhhh....Autumn. It's almost here and as an ex-pat it's time to meet new people as well. Don't get me wrong, I have a core group of friends here that I really like and (hopefully) like me. But some of my best buddies left.

My BFF (yes, how highschool, but that's how I roll) here in Hampstead, moved back to the US the day before I got back. I spent a lot of time with her and now she's gone. My daughter keeps asking for her kids, etc. It's disappointing. I had two other people I was just getting to know well leave. It stinks, but that's the life of an ex-pat.

My women's club is hosting the annual kick-off meeting soon and I will be there scoping the new recruits. Cate starts a new school and I will be there checking out the other parents and signing up for PTA (maybe - remember my new mindset of not being supermom - it may be flying out the window already). And then there are all the events coming up that I will be attending - probably alone as Fen is traveling most of the Autumn.

This means new people to meet. New playdates to be had. New drinking/shopping/tea/lunch buddies. I like it. I'm social and I love meeting new people. So I say, bring on the Autumn. I ready to get out and have fun.

4 comments:

  1. That's the way to do it! Never wait for people to find you: go and bang on their door. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say that I'm so glad to have found your blog. I'm heading over to Finchley next week from NYC with my Brit hubby and toddler! Finding the ex-pat community online gives me great hope for a wonderful community. Thank you!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great time and make some wonderful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your enthusiasm! Hope you meet some lovely people :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!