Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Anniversary to 'Cross the Pond

Two years ago today I decided to write a blog about our move and life in London. It all started with this blog post on September 29th, 2009. I had no idea if I'd like writing, or if anyone would ever read it. But you have, and I do, and it's good.

In two years things have changed dramatically: I had my son, we moved to the UK, got evicted from one flat, moved into the Winnebago, moved a final time to our current flat, Cate and I developed asthma, Cate started school, my wonderful younger sister Tracy passed away, my beloved great aunt Helen passed away (more on her soon), we've traveled a bit, and we're settling into our British way of life. All things considered - it's not so bad.

When I started this blog I had great hope for London. I'm delighted to announce that even with all the hardships, heart break, tragedy and rough patches - we're pretty happy.

So raise your glass for a hip hip huzzah! Here's to another two years...

5 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! so glad that we get to share the adventures with you - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - so glad you're still enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary and glad that you're happy here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!