Saturday, August 13, 2011

Home Sweet London

We landed in London yesterday and it was really, really nice to be back home. Home meaning: where all our stuff is and where we consider our home. I refer to home as: London, Nassau or New York. Depends on the mood and how it applies to the moment. Right now, home is London.

I feel like I'm starting over again. We're in a new place, Cate is starting a new school, some of my dearest friends have left London and I can no longer call my sister daily. So there's some adjusting to do.

We still haven't even unpacked and organized our flat yet from our move. We moved, three weeks later we left and a month later we're back - with the unpacked boxes and artwork stacked in a corner waiting to be hung. There are knick knacks in need of a place, clothing to be sorted, hung or folded and put away; kitchen to organize, bathroom to paint, stuff to do, always stuff to do.

And I don't feel like doing any of it. Ah well, all in due course. Right now, I attack the laundry. I should be done by 2015.

It's nice to be home, though.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home.

    What have you missed most about England?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I also consider home where my bed is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the unpacking. School starts next week. I'll get it done then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's bad enough having to unpack the suitcases after a month, but moving boxes too? Argh!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!