Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chim chim-in-ey


This is the view from my kitchen window. I love it because it reminds me of this:

and this:
Those are Mary Poppins photos of Chim Chim Cheree. Everytime I look out my window I think of Mary Poppins and London:

When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light
On the rooftops of London coo, what a sight!

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!
When you're with a sweep you're in glad company
Nowhere is there a more 'appier crew
Than them wot sings, "Chim chim cher-ee, chim cher-oo!"  


I love it!

4 comments:

  1. I Love pix of rooftops and chimney pots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great view! Hope this place works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, me too! When I first moved here and I would look out our flat in central london on a dark rainy day and be reminded of Mary Poppins! How are you by the way??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see you now, smudge on cheek not a hair out of place....carpet bag in hand. I'd hire you. x

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!