Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cate's Self Image

This summer at our lake cottage in Pennsylvania, Cate was admiring a photo of my Aunt Cate who passed away nine years ago. It's a lovely photo of my aunt as a young woman. Here's the conversation that followed:

Cate: Who's this, Mommy.

Me: That's my Aunt Cate. It's Mom Mom's sister.

Cate: She has my name?

Me: You have her name, actually.

Cate: She's very pretty.

Me: Yes she was.

Cate: Is she coming over?

Me: Oh, she's already here, honey.

Cate (looking around): Where?

Me: Everywhere.

Cate (looking skeptical): I don't see her.

Me: You will understand some day, sweetie. She would have LOVED you, that's for sure.

She nods in agreement.

Cate: I'm adorable.

Me: Yes you are!

And quite modest too!

8 comments:

  1. It is good to know your strengths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, that's made my eyes fill up! Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW :)

    You were in PA? You should have told me.. we could have met up with the kids! We're about an hour form the Poconos. Next time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to know that she's so sure about that. It never hurts to be. Good for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, she is seriuosly adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!