Monday, July 11, 2011

Going home

This is where I'll be soon. Looks fantastic doesn't it? I would love to curl up in a hammock under those two trees and just read a book and sip some frothy, fruit concoction. Alas, it is not to be. I will be in the Bahamas but it's to visit my very, very ill sister, Tracy.

It's a trip I'm dreading yet very anxious to take. I need to see her. She has steadily declined in the last few weeks and was finally flown from New York to Nassau as the hospital can no longer do anything for her. It is a tragedy. I don't think I'm mentally prepared for it, I hope I am, but I don't really think anyone can be. This is what I wanted to see the doctor about but was turned away at the door (by the way)

However, it's vital I spend time with her. She has been my best friend for 40 years. I can't even think about a world without her in it. So I don't. I live 5,000 miles away in a protective bubble that keeps me in denial. But the bubble is bursting and I have to face reality.

I'd rather sit under those trees. In a hammock. With Tracy. And she could be healthy again.

7 comments:

  1. Sending my love to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you find the strength to get through what will be a very sad visit. Sending you hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes. I hope that it turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all thoughts and prayers to you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very sad reason to go to such a beautiful place. Good luck and all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how sorry I am...my heart literally hurts for you, and I don't even know you. What I do know is that my sisters are my best friends. Just sent up a prayer for you.

    Cindy @ Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too wish you were going for a lovely holiday under the palm trees. I'll be thinking of you and Tracy and hoping you all find your peace. x

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!