Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Let The Packing Begin...

Hooray - the lease is being signed tomorrow. You won't be surprised to hear that the estate agent who was overseeing our lease was sacked yesterday for not doing his job. I feel sorry for him but honestly, it shouldn't take four weeks to have a lease put together. Not only did he drag his feet he didn't mention a few huge details regarding the tenancy which would have been a nasty shock to us.

However, the manager cut the administration fees in half, caved into a few of our requests (like candles - no candles were allowed! I have decorative candles and candles for lighting. What if there was a power outage? Madness). Although they did not replace the oven. Dang. Regardless, the lease is complete and we're heading in tomorrow morning to sign.

Now we can hire movers and, ah-the-joy - start packing. I've already started sorting, tossing and donating. It's a tedious job but I have to say I like streamlining and cutting the fat. And I am a self-diagnosed OCD candidate with my hyper-organized moving technique.

Fen, on the other hand, is a hoarder. I chucked out negatives (negatives!!) of photos that we have doubles of in a box from our dating year which he fished out of the bin and reprimanded me for throwing away memories. Mind you, he's been promising for nearly 8 years that he'll put them in an album. For seven years I blindly believed him, but having hauled more crap than I care to admit across the Atlantic - methinks it ain't going to happen. So the minute  he left for work - they got put right back in the bin. It's doubtful he'll notice (unless he reads this.)

I promised him I wouldn't pack until June. Guess what folks - IT'S JUNE TODAY. Got my packing tape, some boxes: I'm ready.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, haven't seen a negative in years. Let's just be mindful of our jewelry during this rubbish bin exercise, eh? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. I hope that it goes super smooth for you.

    And thanks for the comment on my blog - I will try and put your advice into practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Fancy - I've put it all in a safe place (I hope). @Spencer - good. go ye forth and conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I hate moving. I feel for you. Good luck with the move!

    Btw, as someone heading over to the UK in the nest few years, I really love reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog is summarize really worthy points about Packing. It’s really nice. removals company London

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!