Thursday, June 30, 2011

And we're in...

I've been so swamped the last week I haven't have a second to blog. Oh, but I've been writing blog posts in my head daily - some full of colourful words not fit to print, others too whinging to post, and other a little too hysterically euphoric to share. Which is why I waited until we unpacked all but five boxes (and when my office was sort of set up).

Moving stinks. Big time. However, now that the dust is settling, we're so much happier in our larger place. And it is much larger, still no giant palace but it's enough space for us right now. In fact, I can't hear my mobile phone when it's on the other end of the flat so I keep  missing calls! That's not a problem I've had in a long time. And I'm quite content to miss a call or two.

The new place is shaping up. Still loads of things to organize and sort. We have thin curtains on the bedroom window and today I'm hoping Fen will put up the shutters soon as the sun sets close to 10pm and it rises at 4:30am!

It's just nice to have a little wiggle room again - and a fireplace. Cate was worried about how Santa would find us in our old place. Now she's quite delighted we have a chimney for him to slide down. Never mind that the fireplace probably hasn't worked since 1938, but she is not concerned with such frivolous details.

I've got ideas and plans for what I want to do, but for now we're just shoving stuff in corners and pretending not to see it. And the bathroom...I do not like it. It's old, not modern like our last one. But you know what? - that's okay. There's a reason God created tile paint - right?

Also on the creative, renovation list: chalkboard paint, a large board, batting and tacks for a large French Memo Board which will go in my kitchen. And I'm almost done putting the glow-in-the-dark stars on the kids ceiling.

And miles to go before I sleep....

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are finally settling in! Moving is so stressful.

    These woods are lovely, dark and deep....
    (one of my favorites)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see it! No cartwheels though. I'm not to be swayed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to your home lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound very happy...I hope this proves at long last to be the home you wanted.

    Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are so very happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are blogging in your head - I do that all the time! Welcome to your great new home, a new beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!