Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dusting off the tiara...

Okay, so I've decided to join in the fun and watch the wedding. It didn't take much coaxing to be honest. As the day draws near there is an undeniable excitement in the air here in London and I don't want to miss out.

No, I'm not going to camp outside Buckingham Palace or Westminster Abbey tonight like these folks - let's not go crazy here. But I have chosen one of Cate's tiaras to wear over at a friends house tomorrow for champagne brunch and a large screen telly. Should be fun as this is a fun bunch of folks.

Originally we were heading to Windsor for the day but travelling tomorrow is going to be a nightmare getting back into the city and seeing how I'm just getting over a wretched stomach bug (that's right sick AGAIN) and we've been out and about seeing the sights 'round the place, we didn't want to bother with it. We'll go next week instead.

So, I've popped some champagne in the fridge to bring, have dusted off the tiara, hired a sitter, bought a William and Kate flag and roped in the husband too. We're off to see the wedding...

5 comments:

  1. Well you are lucky on one point. My wife and her friends are getting up at 3 AM to watch it. Me, I'll wait for one of the 10,000 replays. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very civilised over here in Oz...we get to watch it at dinner time...barbecued of course! I will however be wearing the obligatory fake tiara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, you're doing it too. I spent ages yesterday explaining to an American that many Catherines actually shorten their name to Kate (with a K). This person just couldn't see how you could switch letters like that, but believe me, I have several Catherine friends who have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pressure is on...must be fun at wedding brunch! See you in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be doing the same from across the pond :-)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!