Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stylish Blog Award

Well! I've been generously presented with the Stylish Blogger Award by the wonderful (and extremely rich, stylish and fawncy, not to mention hilarious) I'm So Fancy. I don't consider myself stylish but I'll take what I can get! Thank you Ms. Fancy Pants!

The rules are:

a) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. Done.
b) Share 7 things about yourself. Egad. Fine, see below.
c) Award 15 recently discovered bloggers. Easy-peasy. There are so many....
d) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. Done.

The seven things about me:

1. I used to hate brussels sprouts with a burning passion. However, I'm So Fancy forced me to have them at Thanksgiving dinner at her palace and lo...they was delish. Then my neighbor, who was also at the posh dinner, roasted them and said, 'Just try 'em.' Again, fantastic. I bought my first Brussels sprout tree about two weeks and have gorged myself on them since. So many years to catch up on.

2. I'm ambidextrous in a weird way. I can write with both hands - used to be able to do it flawlessly in university but I'm out of practice now. However, I do a lot of things with my left hand instead of my right. I am also left legged, I lead with my left leg - cartwheels, scooters, kicking stuff, you name it, the left leg is the anchor.

3. Because I've been in the publishing industry for almost 20 years I have read literally thousands of books. At one point when I was editorial director for an imprint I was reading 300 books a year for work, not all published (and still not published). As the first defense in publishing I've read some truly awful stuff which just makes the gems shine like a beacon in the night.

4. I cannot remember lyrics to songs for the life of me. I'm absolute rubbish at it. National anthem - I'll hum in the middle. I can't hold a tune in a bucket so it's not something I'm desperate to achieve and it's not a muscle I care to exercise but don't ask me to sing along - you'll regret it.

5. I'm fiercely loyal to friends. If you're my friend, good friend, I would go to the ends of the earth for you. I don't forget birthdays, I'm available to chat during crisis at any hour and I'm happy to help in any way I can. I live for it.

6.I'm a granny at heart. I love knitting, sewing, needlepoint, etc. I'd scrapbook but I don't have the time. I always have a project I'm working on somewhere nearby. I'm a busy, busy type who can't sit still for a minute so I knit while watching TV, and I used to do it on the subway on the way to the office in the mornings.

7. While I can knit and watch TV, I am seriously uncoordinated. Can't do step classes or group aerobics to save my life. As a child I went to ballet and gymnastics. Couldn't do ballet at all and Mr. Farrington, the fierce instructor, would bellow at me to keep up. I just can't get those dance steps down, or the aerobic moves. So I've asked for a wii fitness for my birthday where I can be uncoordinated in the the privacy of my lounge.

Now, here are the fifteen bloggers I admire and think are oh-so-stylish:

The Beauty Glo
Mummy's Little Monkey
An American ExPat in London
The Archers at the Larches
Ayak's Turkish Delight
A Tranquil Townhouse
Mother Hen
Bombshellicious
The Mid 30's Life
Expat Mum
Nappy Valley Girl
A Lady In London
Quite Sensible Indeed
Funnel Full of Soup
The Bewildered Brit

Now here's some serious style for you:

13 comments:

  1. Oooh thankyou...although I don't in any way consider myself to be stylish...but never mind..I'm always very grateful and happy to accept awards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh...I thought I'd read a lot of books until I saw No.3...seriously impressive! Thanks so much for the award. I'm about to go north for a week but I will be sure to do something about sharing the love once I get back :) You're tops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you!
    I have also read a lot of books - I'm a very fast reader and can get through a book in a day or so if I'm really engrossed. I always mean to keep a list so I can actually record how many I've read, but I've never quite managed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to learn more about you. You're wrong your life style is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very kind, Thank You, and I will do my best to cut and paste, talk about myself and pass the award on to some others!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help, I can't remember how to link so can't get the lovely stylish award and link it to my page. Can you help?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome - all of you. And James - thanks as always!! Mother Hen - email me and I'll send it to you: jollyoldengland@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much. I'm flattered. I have a bad cold at the mo' and am looking anything but stylish I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I really appreciate being included in your list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well thank YOU! For acknowledging the beauty of the sprout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Thank you I'm honoured.

    Yikes! Will mull on 7 apt sharing points... Certainly your number 4 made me giggle and reminded me of something I camnot remember.... more later.

    Off to eat the sofa... Weight Watchers started today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the award, I cant believe the amount of books you have read lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've finally got around to posting this award! Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!