I'm So Fancy. I don't consider myself stylish but I'll take what I can get! Thank you Ms. Fancy Pants!
The rules are:
a) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. Done.
b) Share 7 things about yourself. Egad. Fine, see below.
c) Award 15 recently discovered bloggers. Easy-peasy. There are so many....
d) Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. Done.
The seven things about me:
1. I used to hate brussels sprouts with a burning passion. However, I'm So Fancy forced me to have them at Thanksgiving dinner at her palace and lo...they was delish. Then my neighbor, who was also at the posh dinner, roasted them and said, 'Just try 'em.' Again, fantastic. I bought my first Brussels sprout tree about two weeks and have gorged myself on them since. So many years to catch up on.
2. I'm ambidextrous in a weird way. I can write with both hands - used to be able to do it flawlessly in university but I'm out of practice now. However, I do a lot of things with my left hand instead of my right. I am also left legged, I lead with my left leg - cartwheels, scooters, kicking stuff, you name it, the left leg is the anchor.
3. Because I've been in the publishing industry for almost 20 years I have read literally thousands of books. At one point when I was editorial director for an imprint I was reading 300 books a year for work, not all published (and still not published). As the first defense in publishing I've read some truly awful stuff which just makes the gems shine like a beacon in the night.
4. I cannot remember lyrics to songs for the life of me. I'm absolute rubbish at it. National anthem - I'll hum in the middle. I can't hold a tune in a bucket so it's not something I'm desperate to achieve and it's not a muscle I care to exercise but don't ask me to sing along - you'll regret it.
5. I'm fiercely loyal to friends. If you're my friend, good friend, I would go to the ends of the earth for you. I don't forget birthdays, I'm available to chat during crisis at any hour and I'm happy to help in any way I can. I live for it.
6.I'm a granny at heart. I love knitting, sewing, needlepoint, etc. I'd scrapbook but I don't have the time. I always have a project I'm working on somewhere nearby. I'm a busy, busy type who can't sit still for a minute so I knit while watching TV, and I used to do it on the subway on the way to the office in the mornings.
7. While I can knit and watch TV, I am seriously uncoordinated. Can't do step classes or group aerobics to save my life. As a child I went to ballet and gymnastics. Couldn't do ballet at all and Mr. Farrington, the fierce instructor, would bellow at me to keep up. I just can't get those dance steps down, or the aerobic moves. So I've asked for a wii fitness for my birthday where I can be uncoordinated in the the privacy of my lounge.
Now, here are the fifteen bloggers I admire and think are oh-so-stylish:
The Beauty Glo
Mummy's Little Monkey
An American ExPat in London
The Archers at the Larches
Ayak's Turkish Delight
A Tranquil Townhouse
The Mid 30's Life
Nappy Valley Girl
A Lady In London
Quite Sensible Indeed
Funnel Full of Soup
The Bewildered Brit
Now here's some serious style for you: