Friday, December 10, 2010

One of THOSE days

I'm grumpy. It's one of those days - after a really nice week, it's Friday night, I'm home alone and feeling blue. I'm usually pretty upbeat and try to see the best in everything but today - it ain't happenin'! Maybe it's the season, maybe it's because everyone I know is out on the town and I'm not, maybe it's because of my younger sister's illness, or the fact that we're not going home for Christmas, or maybe it's something else. But I think every now and again, no matter how well things are going - you just have a moment of blah. That's me right now.

So I do what I do when I don't know what to do - I work. I know I'm a workaholic but I like it. It's for the same reason I like cooking - it takes your mind off whatever is bothering you and helps you escape - and at the end you have something delish (or a to-do list completed). Eventually, somewhere in the process you forget your troubles and feel better along the way.

If that fails, I'll just go take a peek at my two sleeping children. THAT is always a mood lifter!! I think I'll just do that right now...

7 comments:

  1. Aah, your kids are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such angels, cherish them always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute picture. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooking does it for me too...and sorting out cupboards. I also look at photos of my daughter and grandson and think how lucky I am...it does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sleeping babes catch-up was what I always loved. Your two are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that the peek at the kids worked and you're feeling a lot better now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hun, hope you're feeling better.
    Love Lou
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!