Monday, December 27, 2010

My Favourite Posts this Year

It's been a heck of a year for us with the new baby, the move to London, the eviction, the three moves and the furniture. During it all I've blogged and blogged and blogged.

I thought I'd round up my favourite blogs throughout the year - a recap, if you will.

On January 5th I made my New Year's resolutions which you can read here. I accomplished all except losing the rest of the baby weight. It's been a wildly trying time in London and finding a minute to exercise is impossible. But as I said, I'll just tack it onto my list for 2011.

Reading back over the blog I'm surprised I am still living. It's a funny thing, time - it really does heal all wounds and much like pregnancy - you DO forget how bad things were. It started with the many, many illnesses I picked up when we first got here and the first of the three computers being destroyed. Ah, read the beginning of fun times in London is Trying To Kill Me here.

We found our first flat and tried to move in. Yeah, that didn't happen. Read it here.

Then the boxes arrived. Oh, that was hellish. We couldn't move for the rest of our stay in that flat. See here.

Let's not forget how fun the eviction was - read here.

We moved and things started to look up! See here.

I started to enjoy the hood and take photos here, here, here and here.

We did a little travelling to fun places Stonehenge, NY, our lake house, Bath/Wales and Ludlow.

Fall began and I became involved in my women's club, Cate started school and things started to take off.

The story of how I met my husband Fen was really popular and was one of my most fun to write.

Some of my more fun posts were James Bond and Moi, Bar Boulud, Heeeere's Mommy, and Things That Go Bump in the Night.

Hopefully 2011 will go just a bit smoother. Happy new year to you all.

10 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed your posts. Here's to reading more about your life in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes - I remember the one about how you met your husband. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to another year of good blogs from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten how hectic things were for you earlier this year! You seem so settled and happy now, wishing you every happiness and all good things for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had an amazing year with your blog. I've loved it.

    I can't wait to get everything sorted so I can read more often.

    Best Wishes to you and your family for 2011.

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right - the meeting your husband blog post is great. Happy limbo time and a Good New Year when it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recap, I love your blog but don't have time to read as much as I'd like to. Hope 2011 is a great year for you and your lovely family

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a year! Hats off to you for staying the course. If you ever come to Bath or Stonehenge again you'd be very welcome for a restorative cup of tea. I've launched my new blog today. It's at http://www.therivercottagediaries.blogspot.com.Hope to see you over there - oh, and Happy New Year to you all. WG (formerly Madame Marmite)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year. I've enjoyed reading your blog these past months. I hope there are many more great posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one for you.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!