Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not a one read...

Last year at this time I had a list of books on my nightstand that I wanted to read. I blogged about it - read it here. I have not read a single one - and the list keeps growing and growing. I've been invited to join three different book clubs - which I would LOVE to do but realistically there is no way.

It seems ironic that I got into book publishing because I loved to read, yet now all I read are manuscripts, competitive books (to keep current) and proposals. I read alot, probably more than the average person. But it just dawned on me that I haven't read a book I've wanted to read in over a year. That's tragic.

So I've pulled out the White Queen and I'm going to read it this month. A gal  needs a little downtime, right? I definitely work too much!

7 comments:

  1. Ha! You're so busy Im surprised you have time to blog let alone any 'fun' reading!! Hope you enjoy the White Queen and your down time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do well to read at all with all your commitments. Enjoy the White Queen - I'll look forward to the review later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I think reading is my number one pleasure but it's certainly dropped off since this blogging stuff began. I find that I have to schedule my reading time now or I don't do it. There's going to be a lot of it over Christmas though, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved The White Queen and it's a quick read. You will then probably do what I did and go buy The Red Queen and leave that sitting by your bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very unpopular at the library cause I take out eight books at a time and then end up returning them late, all unread!

    It's terrible! I used to read about four or five book a week, more if I had the time.

    Hope you enjoy your book . . . and manage to cross a few more off your list :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word on the street is that Red Queen is not a patch on White Queen... a vaild excuse to cross that one off a long list surely?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies. I confess that I haven't even fished it off the shelf yet. that's what weekends are for...right?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!