Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cherry On Top Award

The lovely Melissa over at An American Girl in Bristol sent me the Cherry on Top Award - thank you so much. There are rules, of course. I must pass it along to six other bloggers and they too must follow the rules. Here they are:


Answer this question: 
If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you, and what would it be?

Thank the person who gave you this award.

PICK 6 people/blogs and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have received this award.

There are many things I'd change but the one I'd change is that I would not have agreed to move to London. It's been unbelievably hard and I'm alone alot more than I was in the US.  It's getting better but I really am not that happy and wish I had my old life back. Hopefully that will change - it's only been six months.

And here are my six folks:

Spencer at Donkey Trousers
Hazel from Hot Cross Mum
Delia at Real Delia

Okay - that was eight - so sue me!! They're all fabulous and I could go on and on but figured I had to stop somewhere.

Enjoy fellow bloggers!


9 comments:

  1. Well thank you! I am flattered. I wish I had some advice for you. I'm sure 6 months seems like a long time, but if things are getting better for you who knows what another 6 months will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin. Deeply flattered. Sorry that you regret moving here-we must change that!

    Here's to more cherries in our lives

    Delia Lloyd
    www.realdelia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks James and Delia. I actually wrote that on Sunday when I had just returned from the US and was jetlagged and overwhelmed. I'm actually quite happy. I should have changed it to something else. I don't really have any regrets or things I'd change (maybe I wouldn't have dated that one guy in college but we all have one of those, methinks! Glad you're both happy with the Cherry On Top award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I first moved to London from Connecticut to be with boyfriend, now husband, I went back to art school and when I wasn't there, I spent a lot of time alone drinking different types of English tea in front of daytime tv. Those were the days of only 5 channels too.
    I know how you feel. When we moved to the 'country', I had a baby son and slowly things started to move along and I made friends through him. But really it was when he started school that things really picked up.
    Use those children of yours. Swim classes, gym groups, mother-toddler groups and try the local library for read alongs.
    You'll get there. Oh, and smile, it will make you feel better if nothing else does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homesickness is awful. Wish there was something I could do to brighten your day.

    Call me on the phone today and we'll chat. I'm here at my desk.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely, thank you for giving me the award!

    I hope you're feeling better now that the jetlag has gone. But you know if you're ever down, all your bloogy friends are here for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the pass on. As for the homesickness, and even the roller coaster of homesickness, I hear ya. Always when I am getting the children over jet lag, I wonder why in the world I am doing this. And the loneliness thing was bad a first too. It was worse when we lived in Geneva because I didn't have kids to force me to get out I think. I did what Mother Hen did but with cooking books and DVDs of Friends. (Yasha hadn't seen them and it was all we really had to watch.) You still in Hampstead? Send me a line if you are ever in Chelsea. I now have a network of good coffee shops. I've even gotten one to give me wifi access.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award will be on the case with it soon. Hope u are feeling a lot better now UK is not too bad .... hmmm ......sometimes lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!