The trick is to get the carry-on done first and then the suitcases. I pack everything about two days before we leave and then the night before I take half of the stuff out. I found a great site for packing a carry-on suitcase here.
Here's another for traveling internationally with a baby.
So here's what we HAVE to pack:
- One toddler car seat
- One stroller
- The baby's Sit 'n Stroll - a fabulous carseat and pram in one. Check it out here.
- The portable high chair
- Toddler inflatable Peppa Pig Bed - love this. See it here.
- Sheets for baby bed (don't have to bring the Pack and Play as we have one there)
- Toys, crayons, crafts, etc. for the plane ride
- Toys, crafts, etc. for while we're there
- Diapers for the flight and a few to tie us over until we buy some there
- Baby food for the flight and for two days once we get there
- Snacks for the toddler
- Formula for the entire trip (God forbid he decides he does not like US formula)
- Bottles and sippy cups as well as plates, bowls, forks and spoons for little ones
- Clothes for two children for a two week stay
- Two changes of clothes for each child for the flight (just in case)
- Diapers, toiletries, medication, diaper cream, lotions, potions, etc.
- Portable DVD, DVDs, the Archos with Sesame Street and Peppa Pig, I pod, Laptop and all extensions, batteries and chargers as well as the adaptors.
- Favourite doll, blankies and teething toy for the flight
- Cate's water wings, the life vests for X as well as the flight safety harness for X
- Keys to the house in the US
- Large bottle of panadol for Mommy with several mini vodkas
Ack! I know I'm forgetting something. And that's just for the kids! All I really need is a pair of flip flops a change of clothes and a book. A damn good book. Any suggestions?