Sunday, August 8, 2010

Inspiration is back!


I'm making a peach pie this afternoon.

About an hour after I posted my blah post I turned on the TV to keep me company as I did a little housework. Lo - I found Ina Garten - the Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network. And Rachael Ray! I was so excited. I have missed watching both of them. I love Paula Deen too but I can't find her yet.


It may seem like a small thing to most of you but I absolutely love to cook (good thing Fen loves to eat). I haven't been really inspired to get back into experimental cooking of late - I've just been making the same old stuff: lasagna, steaks, chicken in a various forms, etc. Nothing fancy.

Just half an hour of Ina and I was pulling out the cookbooks with wide eyes, eager to create something more difficult than a basic stuffed chicken. We're having folks over for dinner tonight and I'm going to cook up a little something exciting. I'll let you know how it goes down. I love Ina's tomato tarts. I used to make them all the time but haven't in ages and ages. Maybe I'll make them as an appetizer. Hmmmmm... so much to consider.

As I said yesterday, I'm starting to feel at home more - the inspiration is coming. Thank God, again!!!

Back to baking my peach pie....,

7 comments:

  1. Rachael Ray aired in the UK?? What channel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check. It was her day talk show - not her 30 Minute show - but it was Rachael! I'll look and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay glad u r feeling a lil bit of inspiration. All will settle down soon i am sure xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peach pie sounds good. Good to hear you're feeling inspired again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could get past the simple dishes - yours sound scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What channel is this? Does it air Alton? Giada?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is on Diva TV: http://www.divatv.co.uk/programmes/rachael_ray_i_249594/ Go check her out. Not sure if Alton and Giada are on there. I've only found Ina and Rachael. If you find them let me know where!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!