Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gone running...

funny animated gif

This morning I caught a glimpse of my profile in the mirror and was not happy about it. I haven't lost the baby weight and decided I need to do something about it soon. I thought about how much I used to run and how great it would be if I could start getting back out there. As my mind wandered I was signing up for 5k's and effortlessly dashing through the hills of Hampstead like Wonder Woman.

I came out and said to Fen, 'I want to start running again' to which he replied, 'That's great! I'll watch the kids - go have fun.'

Eh? I was only thinking I needed to get going - wasn't really planning on starting this morning. But, hey, no time like the present so I laced up the trainers and was out the door.

Only one word can describe my attempt at 'running' - tragic. Wonder Woman could run circles around me and tie me up with her golden lasso of truth - no problem. Granted I haven't run in almost two years (had to stop November 2008 to have my appendix out and then was inconveniently pregnant a week after I got the okay to exercise again). Muscles I forgot I had strained to get me up the first hill.

I huffed and puffed but I ran. And I'm going to try again tomorrow - or whenever my legs stop aching so much. However, the big news is: I'm running again. Hooray. If you see an out of shape woman struggling up a hill in Hampstead - that's me! Please stop and give me a lift.

10 comments:

  1. Love the photo!

    I tried running around the Heath when I lived in Highgate and I very nearly died. Too many hills! I lasted about ten minutes before giving up. Now I jog around Hyde Park - nice and flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good on you! Just the thought of running exhausts me...let alone actually doing it! Plus it's still winter here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, shall we call you a Wonder Woman in training? Good luck with the running, but be careful and take it easy at first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you...keep it up, it will get easier of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! It took me three years to get to the stage where I can run and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hearing the word 'run' tires me! Don't think i'll be doing it anytime soon even though I should. At least you made the effort... you can only get fitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big fan of Wonder Woman. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone. The running is going strong. I think I may be addicted again...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!