Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And We're Off!

Ciao, baby! We're off to New York. I'm exciting and a tad nervous. I haven't been outside of New York City for more than three weeks in 19 years until we moved here. It's been six months and I'm so looking forward to being there.

I can't wait to see my friends and family, my old 'hood, the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, etc. I can't wait to go shopping in my favorite places and the outlets, sitting on our dock at the lake and just relaxing (as much as a mom of two little ones can), bbqing with friends and just having a nice, comfortable 'I'm in my element' time. I'm most excited to see if Cate will remember our family and friends and the neighborhood. She's really happy these days - still a little too aggressive with other kids - but she's getting there.

It's going to be interesting. I'll keep you posted! Let's hope our take off is smoother than THIS.

4 comments:

  1. I hope the weather has improved by the time you get over here! Have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!