Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More charming doors in my 'hood

I'm always out and about pushing my double-decker pram all over Hampstead. The houses are just lovely here - the gates, front doors, walks, yards and flowers are always just a treat for me. It always a pleasure to walk around admiring others yards and entries.

It's not a voyeuristic endeavour as I'm not peering in the windows but as Irish comedian Dara O'Briain says, 'If you leave your curtains open, I'm going to look in. I won't vault over the wall, sprint across the garden, squeak my face across the glass and say, 'I like what you've done with the place.' But I'm gonna have a look!'

This is my third installments. You can take a peek the first and second albums if you're interested. And if you're ever bored and looking for a chuckle check out Dara O'Briain - he's an absolute scream!

I love this one - it looks like a little cottage, but it's actually a rather large house with a quaint entrance!

I love the potted flowers going up the steps here.

The corner window really makes this one charming.
It wasn't the brightest day yesterday but the door is purple and matches the flowers in the pot. It was really pretty.
I would love to see the inside of this one!

I'm out and about again today - so we'll see if anything strikes my fancy! Stay tuned for more!

5 comments:

  1. When my photography improves...and it has a long way to go...this is just the kind of subject matter I would like to attempt. There are some very interesting dwellings around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Hampstead is really a lovely place to live and some of the houses are remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I see that you are enjoying the quaint and beautiful surroundings in your new home.
    Lovely shots!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous neighbourhood! I'm all for that purple front door...gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love any of those front doors. I especially like the corner window with matching door.
    Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!