Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Ayak at Turkish Delight (whose blog is just a wonderful escape - brilliantly written and really fascinating - go see for yourself). I have to answer ten questions, then think up ten new ones and tag five other folks. Seems like fun so here I go:

1. Is there anything in your life that you wish you'd done differently?
Not really - I wish I had met my husband earlier but other than that I'm fairly happy with the way things are turning out.

2. Are you a morning or night person?
100% morning person! I could conquer the world before 7am if allowed to sleep at night.

3. Cats or dogs?
I like both but if I had to have one over the other it would be a dog.

4.  Savoury or sweet?
Savoury - I'd rather have salt than sugar. Chocolate has never been high on my priority list but I'll eat it if offered! Give me good food over dessert anyday.

5. Do you keep in touch with old friends or do they get lost or forgotten along the way?
I keep in touch with the friends that matter. I put a lot of energy into maintaining friendships that are worth it. However, a few have slipped away. Which is why I love Facebook - all old friends are new again!

6.  If you had the choice, where in the world would you like to live?
I always said London and now here I am!

7.  Popular or classical music?
I love both - but Cate, Fen, X and I like to dance in the kitchen and that just calls for pop music!

8.  What characteristic in people in general do you most dislike?
Liars and tardiness. Both are just an insult.

9.  Do you enjoy spending hours shopping, or do you try to get it over with as fast as possible?
I'd buy everything online if I could. However, shopping in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my cousin has been one of my favourite pasttimes for years and I'm  hoping to do it this summer (hint, hint Kathalyn!)

10. Who is the person who has had the most influence in your life?
That is a tough one. It isn't just one person but my entire family. Everything I do and everything I am is a reflection of their input and love. I'm very independent but without my family, I am nothing.


So now I have to come up with 10 questions of my own and nominate five people. Okay, I'm stealing one or two of Ayaks as it's late and I have two kids who give me little time to think properly.


Questions:


1. Why blog?

2. Do you have to write or want to write?


3. Sweet or savoury?


4. If you could have coffee with just one person, living or dead, who would it be and why?


5. Toilet paper roll: over or under?


6. Do you enjoy cooking or prefer being cooked for?


7. Beach or Mountains/lake?


8. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie/TV?


9. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?



10. Where on earth would you visit if money and time was no issue?


The folks I'm tagging (in no particular order) are:


Michelloui at A Mid-Atlantic English
Ryan at Scotland Here and Now
Lou at Archers at the Larches
Kerry at A Tranquil Townhouse
Betsy at Betsy Transatlantically

Hope you guys have fun with it!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me...I'll really enjoy doing this. It will have to wait until the weekend I think, but I'm in for sure! Look forward to reading what the others have to say as well. I do love a tag as good as this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! Good questions. I enjoyed reading your answers. I will have a think and get onto this.

    I guess I had better not be late tomorrow, and if I am I sure as heck had better not lie about why I'm late! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what fun! I'm on the bus on the way back from New York now - this is a perfect way to fill the time! And thanks for your supportive comments on my last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for thinking of me, it's much appreciated. Now to get my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking up the tag, and thanks also for the wonderful compliment. I like your answers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! Great questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so with you on the tardiness thing. Every so often I feel perhaps I should just "chill" on the subject, but really - it's someone saying that their time is more important than yours. How rude?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!