Monday, June 28, 2010

A Jolly Good Day in London

After the whirlwind visit from my childhood buddy, and lots of outings with the kids and new friends Fen, Cate, X and I were finally alone today. We did a whole lotta nuthin. It was fantastic.

Cate was not well during the night, sporting a very high fever and burning up from it. I gave her something for it and then she slept on me as I sat in a chair and comforted her. I'd put her back down and go to bed but then X would wake up. He is teething so he was up and down all night. Fen and I tagged teamed him between bouts of Cate's crying. Needless to say we were really tired when we finally got up for the day.

Cate was not 100% even though the fever broke around 5am. We decided to stay in and relax. Cate thoroughly enjoyed three viewing of Disney's Cinderella, X slept for hours in his swing, Fen and I did some housework, and puttered around just cleaning, chatting and relaxing. I don't know a day that I have had to just putter and I cannot tell you how nice it is is do absolutely nothing. I didn't worry about my extremely long to-do list, I didn't spend my free time working, I didn't even think about dinner. The day was beautiful and we did get out to the stores and for a stroll but relaxing together with all the windows open and a lovely breeze blowing through made it just the right day to stay at home.

It was great to be in a flat we like, comfortable, and together. It's starting to feel like home.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty blog page.
    Thanks for the comment about your place in PA. I'm glad other multi home owners have similar problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a great way to spend the day except for Cate not feeling well of course xx

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!