Wednesday, June 2, 2010

From the mouths of babes...

Cate has a new habit of pointing out things as we walk around. She likes to point at something and annouce cheerily what it is. Today we were cruising in the double stroller, X on bottom half asleep and Cate on top leaning forward shouting out at everything.

'Look Mommy. Yellow car! Look, red flowers. Look, lion.' (that's the lion in the house she loves so much)

We walked through Belsize Park - all my clothes are gone from the window of the charity shop. And by the Everyman Theatre where there were tables set up and about 7 young ladies sipping cosmopolitans dressed in ridiculously high heels and fancy garb - Carrie & the gal wannabes. VERY fun, very cute and they looked like they were having a blast. Claire yelled, 'Look mommy - PINK.' For the drinks which made the ladies laugh.

We then turned up a side street to head home. Heading up hill there is a house with workman out front. One of the fellows was bending over using a drill or something. His pants had slipped down revealing his plumber's butt.

'Look, mommy. BUM.' Shouted my innocent child. Oy!

The other men howled laughing. The owner of said bum tipped his hat and said, 'My apologies, madam.' (There's that 'Madam' again!)

I just smiled and kept going.

8 comments:

  1. Cool, you sound like Mary Poppins with your little ones.....will they have English accents soon?....At least she said BUM....plenty of other words out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite brilliant! I love that the offender apologized to you so nicely, I bet they had a laugh about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post..be thankful she didn't say something worse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehehehe I love the things children say xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely story...I had the same experience once when my son came across a very black skinned man in the post office when he was very young. The man was very, very nice about it! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm looking forward to reading about your life in London...great city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I entered this site by chance, but I found very interesting. A greeting to all the people who visit this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 2 boys aged 2 and 4, they must have a sixth sense. They spot so many things that we ordinarily wouldn't. Bum...quality.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love these thing very much .. thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!