Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blog roll call... some of my must reads

Ages ago I posted some of my favourite blogs and then I did a few more. Now I'm updating my favourites again. Here are some of my more recent finds that I sit down daily with my morning coffee or afternoon tea to pore over (in no particular order):

Ayak, at Turkish Delight is a must read. She moved to Turkey and lives in a small village with her husband. Her life is complicated and fascinating. Some of the things she writes about would have me running for the hills but she manages it with grace and aplomb! Really great stuff.

Lou at The Archers at the Larches is  a hilarious romp. She and her family moved from the city to rural England into a gigantic, beautiful manor house (at least it looks like one to me). Her life is forever hectic and she writes about it with such humor. Her gardening skills are enviable and chicken and children tales are not to be missed.

Kerry at A Tranquil Townhouse is a delicious glass of wine for the eyes. She loves all things beautiful, interior design in particular. I could reread her blog all night. She is even talented at creating home made designs that she copies from magazines - and successfully. It inspires me but I know better than to try it at home!

James at Man of the 50s is a terrific writer. His last post about his old hat is just delightful. He has a nice voice and an interesting point of view - no nonsense, direct and thought provoking. I love this blog.

Home is Where the Marmite Is is a hilarious writer. She just moved back to the UK after five years abroad in the South of France. Her post  Madame Marmite's World Cup Survival Guide is too funny for words (thanks Lou for linking me up with her!)

This is just a sampling. I'll list more later. If you have any favourites or suggestions please let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Great recommendations! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor, thanks for bigging up Archers at the Larches, I'm blushing....

    I finished editing my children's book last night (well the first book in a series of 6. 52,000 words.) Sooooo chuffed.

    Now need to get on with hunting down everyone's pants, iron hubby's 24,000 shirts and chastise the cats...(All to be done tomorrow).... before I embark on book numero deux!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me...I'm very flattered!

    And thanks also for links to other blogs you enjoy....more for me to have a look at. Oh if only there were more hours in a day...more time to read all the great blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have visited and enjoyed your site before and thought I was a follower.I fixed that. Your words are too, too kind. I love Lou's adventures and can't wait to visit the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww....I just got to this..a few days late as per usual! Thanks so much for the lovely mention, along with such fine company, all who I follow except for Madame Marmite...off to check her out!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!