Friday, April 16, 2010

What to do with all our stuff

As you can see by my last blog - our flat runneth over with stuff. We've sorted through a bunch of different boxes, gotten rid of a lot but the stuff still remains.

There are a few things that concern me: the safety of my 3 year old who thinks the boxes are her own personal jungle gym. Also, having the boxes unpacked and crowding the place and creating excellent places for dust to accumulate is not good. So we're furiously going through our 237 boxes and finding places for everything.

 I'm also looking into home insurance - we've always had it - at our apartment in New York and our summer cottage in Pennsylvania. I think it's important to insure all of our belongings even if we don't own the flat in which we live.

If anything ever happened - theft, fire, water damage, you name it - I want to be protected. We have all our really important papers and things in a safe deposit box (that was an adventure but a subject for another blog entry).


Right now I"m looking over a sea of unpacked and half unpacked boxes filled with things I haven't needed for two months and now can't seem to part with and wonder how we're going to do this.

It's not forever... it's not forever...right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm 6 months down the line and I'm just about unpacked....in fact now I'm removing stuff that we really don't need to the charity shop and ebay...Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take one box at a time and try not to feel overwhelmed. Moving takes time and that includes unpacking! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!