Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Sunshine Award

Today I got up after a long night of X crying (immunisations), bleary eyed and not in the mood. I turned on the computer after getting the kids sorted and  - hooray - I won an award. The Sunshine Award - I was thrilled. After a string of bad news and bad luck - it made my morning, okay day, okay week, okay MONTH.
First of all, I'd like to thank Melissa for nominating me & my blog for this award and I am honored to pass it along to 12 other bloggers.

There happen to be some rules that go along with accepting your award:

1. Nominate 12 bloggers.
2. Put the award logo onto your sidebar or within a post.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let the nominees know they’ve received this award by commenIting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link the sidebar logo to the person from whom you’ve received this award.

So, in no particular order I would love to nominate:

1.Melissa for nominating me for this award. Her blog is relatively new but definitely worth a read! Thank you so much!
2. Kristina who is a fellow American living here in Blighty. She was one of the first blogs I found and has become a must read and a friend. She's also witty and has some great advice on moving to the UK.
3. Anna - her blog is absolutely beautiful - if you're ever in a bad mood or down on your luck take a look at Anna's brilliant, creative blog and you will be instantly cheery. Her birthday party is one of my favorites!
4. Mummy's Little Monkey is a must read for me. She always manages to make me smile - and she's a Kiwi which is always good stuff!
5. A Mid-Atlantic English - Michelleloui is another American living in Essex. She writes wonderfully and always entertains.
6. Mike - he is an American writer living in the UK. He's VERY funny and has written a book calls Postcards from Across the Pond (I didn't steal his book title for my blog - honest!!!). The book had  me laughing out loud.
7.Yummy Mummy Flabby Tummy is a great read - she's the mother of two who loves to write. Definitely worth a look
8. Karrie from Running in Wellies is always a good blog - I love her choice in reading and she has some great stories of her own to tell.
9. I've just started reading Lou at The Archers at The Larches and I'm hooked. Where I have no space - she has loads! Her adventures with animals (of two legged and four legged) are great.
10. Amelia at 101 Bird Tales has a beautiful blog. I love the art she displays and it's always an interesting read. She also offers art e-courses. Go check her out.
11. Toni, AKA Expat Mum has been on my list longer than most. I rarely miss a post. She is a Brit who has moved to the US of A - she has also written a book called Rules, Brittania. Both are worth a read.
12. Last, and certainly not least, is Almost American - there's always something interesting to read! I love this blog.
Picking twelve was ridiculously hard and I spent half the day mulling it over. I could easily nominate twice as many but I felt I had to stick to the ones I've followed from the beginning!

I hope you all enjoy the Sunshine Award and please pay it forward!


6 comments:

  1. Hello!!! Thank you so very, very much. Am really flattered!

    I will have to create a space for 'my awards' :0 - as so far I have been rubbish about putting them up. Think I will create a little space somewhere . . . .

    And thanks for mentioning the art e-course. I have already been having more people coming forth to register interest for the next course! Maybe this is why!

    Amelia.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've never won an award before - I've no speech prepared!!!
    Thanks will pass on the award happily
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll have to come up with some blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, thank you! :)

    Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh - thank you very much! I guess I'd better come up with another blogpost soon - I've been swamped with other things recently!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!