Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A busy day in Londontown

Today was a runaround day - first Cate and I went off to the community centre to meet Joyce and her kids for a while. We left there and I ran Cate over to her childminders for the morning/afternoon. Quickly ran home to finish laundry and do some calls for a deal I'm working on, but had to run out the door to meet Kristina for lunch. We went to Hi Sushi on the Hampstead High Street - it was fantastic. Kristina is a hoot and we had a great time chatting.

While there I noticed a comedian walked in - for the past week or so I've been complaining about the ads for his latest comedy special. Fen and I both agree that the ads don't do anything for the guy and are a tad annoying. I pointed him out to Kristina (she was facing away from the door) so she did the old over the shoulder glance. It's Michael McIntyre - know him? He was there with another fellow and we realized he was working on new material. I have no idea if he's funny or not but it was my first 'celebrity' sighting in London. I don't really care about these things and neither does Fen, whose reply to my statement, 'I saw that comedian we make fun of at lunch today' was: 'So.' Ah - it takes a lot to impress Fen. If it had been Eva Mendes I'm sure he would have perked up.

After lunch I ran home to make some more calls to NY for different clients and then packed up X to rush back and pick up Cate so we could make it to their doctors appointments on time. I was 10 minutes late. Fen came with us but then  had to run off to work.

It's 4:30 in the afternoon and both kids are napping (immunizations take it out of them) and I'm beat! I rushed everywhere today. I need better shoes - all I have are loafers by the box load - I have no fun shoes for walking around. Hmmm...maybe it's time to shop. Although - I have absolutely no room for anything - even shoes. Perhaps a policy of one in - two out. If I buy anything I have to get rid of two similar. Maybe I'll just make do with what I have.

Off to start dinner now.

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing about shoes. I definitely need some comfortable, but I also want them to be cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to go shopping soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always room for new shoes!

    Glad to have found you. I love London and look forward to revisiting through your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a busy day! But I'm glad you were able to have fun with your friend at lunch, amidst all the running around.

    Btw, you've won a blogger award! You can claim it here: http://americangirlinbristol.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-won-sunshine-award.html

    I know it's not much, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to check out Michael McIntyre's stuff! He is hilarious! I am so jealous you saw him!!! Would be good if you could get heelies for adults, except mine would have rockets in them so I could get everything done super fast LOL

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!