Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Gates and front doors...

I've been walking through Hampstead, Belsize Park and Swiss Cottage a lot lately and some of the places, homes and front doors have just charmed me. Here are a few of my favorites.

This one - I love the front gate - the house is adorable (huge too) and through the gate is a lovely garden with daffodils and roses. Just beautiful.


Cate LOVES the lion in the dog house in this house. The lady who lives there is always outside tending to her streetside garden. Also on the side of the house is a beautiful balcony overflowing with flowers.


The blue door and the walkway just charm me to no end in this one.


I love the red door, the brick and the splash of yellow daffodils. It looks like a church but it's someone's home. I think it's just too cute for words.
 All of these say - Welcome - come on in! Which is your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. I think the coloured doors make all the difference! The red one is my fav...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovley idea - have just posted some slightly crazy images of my trip to barcelona, only to discover it's winter again here in UK - hhhmmmmmm.

    I think the red one's my fav too :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of doors and gates in the UK. This is a fun post--you could do a series of them or a once a month collection of doors, or something! I find this sort of thing strangely irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're just like me - I just love the charming little character quirks you find on the buildings over here. I adore houses with stone turrets, and cottages in the South West where the doors are really small, because hundreds of years ago people were shorter!! x

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!