Next week is going to be busy with school viewings, playdates (that's right!) and I'm having lunch with one of my childhood friends. She's already come over for dinner but we're having a girls lunch and I"m really looking forward to it. X has his immunizations next week which I'm hoping goes as easily as the first round. Poor little fella still has a touch of a cold.
In the meantime, I've been out there exploring London and I've made a few observations of things I like better here and things I prefer in America:
- I love the towel warmers. They are fantastic. How did I live without them before?
- I could do without the separate faucets - one hot one cold. Madness! One faucet please!
- Paper towels - they are so small and useless here. Give me Bounty!
- Not handicap friendly in the tubes - can't take both kids on the tube. NY has elevators everywhere.
- Television - we went from 1000 channels and TiVo to six channels and nothing to watch! That should change next week.
- I love the ready-made meals at M&S, Waitrose and Sainsbury's.
- The chocolate is considerably better - no competition at all.
- The beer is much better - too bad I can't drink much of it right now (my time is coming)
- I love NY but London has much more charm. The buildings and history really fascinates me.
- No one delivers - it's all take out.
- I love how they announce when the tube trains will arrive - they are much more frequent in London. But the trains are much bigger in NY.
That's enough complaining/comparing for now.