Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dragging myself through another day

The movers came for the preliminary meeting today. While walking from room to room I saw the place through his eyes and I have to admit I haven't been the best housekeeper lately. Plus we've started sorting, tossing, organizing and boxing things up so the place is a mess.  It looks like a two day job, so he said. they come wrap all the furniture and box everything one day and then show up the next day with the container to pack and then whisk it all away.

All of this is happening within two weeks. The air freight container is leaving either later this week or early next week - which means my computer is leaving me for about 10 days. I'll have to make do with the laptop. Ugh - I love my giant screen and huge keyboard but I'll live.

Meanwhile in real life, Cate has bronchitis and has been waking up coughing at night calling out to me. So I spend half the night nursing X and the other half comforting Cate. She's on a nebulizer which is helping a lot but she's still not out of the woods. She should be fine by the time we leave. I've had about 3 hours sleep for the past three nights so I'm walking around bleary eyed and every bone aching.

Today I'm heading to the hospital as my sister is having an out-patient procedure and I'm there to help her home. I'm taking tons of reading today to try and catch up on it all. I'll be there for about 5 hours. I'm not accepting any new stuff for the moment as I'm woefully behind in reading what I've already requested. I just hope there is some interesting stuff in my giant pile here - anything boring or ill prepared doesn't stand a chance right now.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I"m taking the day off. My husband, the kids and I are heading to our lake house for the day for a little birthday lunch and relaxing. We're also hitting the outlet mall on our way home so I can pick up a little sumthin' sumthin' for myself. I'd settle for a 5 hour nap instead of a new dress to be honest!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Not much I can say to help, but I'm overwhelmed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!