Monday, November 9, 2009

Books on my nightstand

I'm a big reader - seeing how I'm involved in the book publishing world here in NYC I always have more books I want to read than time to read them. I still haven't read the last Harry Potter and it's going further and further down my list right now. Here's what's queuing up for reading right now - just a small sampling of the 26 books accumulating there:

The White Queen by Philippa Gregory. I've loved her writing from Wildacre in 2003. Her Henry VIII novels were all wonderful and I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into this one. This is the story of Elizabeth Woodville who was of her own mind and did what she saw fit through trying times and a shakey marriage to Edward IV. Love stories with strong women - especially when they are true (ish)!


Listen Up, Mr. President: Everything You Always Wanted Your President to Know and Do by Helen Thomas and Craig Crawford. Helen Thomas is a legend in Washington. She's the dean of the White House Press Corps and has been front and center at presidential press conferences for over 60 years - and 10 presidents. Here she teams with esteemed journalist Craig Crawford to take a look at what makes for a good president. I've been a fan of Ms. Thomas' forever and I love her books. This is going to be an interesting ride, methinks.



Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Hate to admit it but I love his stuff! I'm thinking this may be my hospital read if I have five minutes to myself after my son it




The Scarpetta Factor by Patricia Cornwell. Another secret indulgence. I love the Scarpetta books and I think Patricia Cornwell is a fantastic writer. I wasn't a fan of her non-fiction on Jack the Ripper, but if this is as good as the other Scarpetta books I'll be thrilled.

1 comment:

  1. I love Philippa Gregory. I didn't even know there was a new book out there. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!