Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogs I'm loving...

So I'm still new at this but I've come across a few great blogs that I'd love to share:

Mum's Survival Guide: She has a toddler and a teenager - both challenging. Her stories are terrific and she makes beautiful jewelry. There is so much to read here I could stay all day!

Insomniac Mummy: She has young children and her posts on them are very funny. Her grandma is ill right now, which is  shame - go send her a note of support!


Postcards from Across the Pond: An American writer living in England. He's hilarious. Love reading his stuff. He published a book as well - equally hilarious!


Write On! Marsha has written 24 hours London and features hilarious 24hours from her fans. Very fun stuff.

Expat Mum: She  is a British mum living in the US. Her observations of the US are fun to read. She's a published author and always has entertaining blog posts. Definitely one to follow!

And It Feels Like Home: Great shots of London and terrific posts.


Want To Be a Free Thinker But Still a Nice Person: Great writing, great subjects. I've said it before and I'll say it again - she's a hoot!

American ExPat in London: Kristina is American, young, single (but has a partner) living in London. She tells it like it is and has great info for anyone moving to London. Not to be missed!

I'm still cruising along looking for great blogs. If you know of any please share - I'm interested!!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been keeping up on blogs myself to re-aquaint myself to London before moving back in January after 1.5 years apart. I'll be interviewing at schools (hopefully) when I arrive, but I'll do substitute teaching (they call it supply teaching) or other jobs until I can teach full time again. Thanks for all the blog info, I actually read through all of the Somewhere Over the Pond blog the last couple of weeks, interesting to see a parent's perspective on London!

    You may like Lady in London's blog. She's quite the world traveller. I read through how she became the "Face of Ascot" even though she's American amongst other things!

    http://aladyinlondon.blogspot.com/

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention and the sentiments re my Grandma xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by www.cowgirlinwellies.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy your journey over the pond. What an adventure! I can't wait to hear how you get on. Is your partner British? That helps with the transition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm Joyce and I recently came across your blog. I too am researching London as my husband will begin a 3 year position for his company in London in January. I'd love to chat and share neighborhood/schooling information as I too have two young children - a daughter that is 3 1/2 and a son that is 1. You can contact me at joycefetter@gmail.com .
    Hope to talk to you soon!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments and recommendations folks. Cowgirl - my husband is from New Zealand so he's kinda-sorta British-y. JOyce, thanks for stopping by - I'll definitely email!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and starting from the beginning. I'm moving to London from NYC in August so I have been finding a ton of expats in london blogs. Here are a few:

    http://intheleftlane.blogspot.com/

    http://www.jumpedthepond.com/

    http://bloodybrill.blogspot.com/


    Enjoy!

    Once I tell work I'm leaving I'll have a blog also. www.hopskipjumpashley.com

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!