Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Negotiations from Paradise


We thought we were out of the woods, but no. Fen continues to negotiate and now we have a nice solicitor on the the case as well. It should all be finalized within a week (I laughed even as I typed that).

In the meantime, we're recovering from our trip to the Caribbean to see my family. Fen had his finger torn open while trying to stuff our car seat through the x-ray machine at the airport. Big hullabaloo - police, paramedics, etc. He had to sign waivers stating he refused treatment and that we wouldn't sue (gotta love America). We were then rushed by an airport cart to our gate and were the very last people on the plane. Of course, someone had moved into our seats hoping we were no shows and had to reluctantly move back to his seat.

12 days in the Caribbean where it's 90 degrees daily - in the shade - is not something I recommend to any pregnant woman! It was uncomfortable and exhausting. I've never felt so big and sluggish in my entire life. Granted, I'm not major athlete, but it was a heroic effort just to walk up a flight of stairs.

My family was thrilled to see our girl. She's too cute for words these days and starting to talk in sentences. She calls my parents Mommom and Bumpop which I think is hilarious. Everyone was bugging us to find out the name of the new baby but we're not saying anything. We know it's not going to be a huge hit with them so we're keeping it under wraps until the ink dries on his birth certificate.

Swimming was a new sensation - my stomach floated and my back didn't hurt for the first time in about 3 months. I could have stayed in the pool until delivery! My sister and her husband have a ridiculously fabulous pool so we spent practically every day lounging by it - everyone enjoying the sun except me who was shrouded in towels, hats and sunblock living in fear of pregnancy mask! I didn't get any sun - so what? I have bigger fish to fry these days.

We're back now and I'm looking around our apartment thinking of how much work it's going to be and how I'll have to do most of the packing and sorting BEFORE the baby arrives. I"m supposed to have a c-section so I'll be out of commission until we head to London. Lordy - don't know how it's going to happen!

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for checking out my blog (anexpatinlondon)-I decided to reciprocate.

    I've only been here 19 months, so the stress of moving to London is still fresh. ;) I don't envy you the next few months. Just keep telling yourself, 'I will get thru this.'

    Good luck, and let me know if you need any advice! Hindsight 20/20, except for my bed (which is like heaven on earth) I would have left every bit of furniture behind in the US. Most places are furnished here-or you'll find it too difficult to deal with your 'bigger American furniture.' That's what Ikea was made for! :)

    ~kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What island is this? Where is it and how can I get there???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Blue Lagoon Island (Salt Cay to the Bahamians) just off the coast of Nassau, Bahamas. It's home of Dolphin Encounters! It's the most heavenly place on earth - check it out: www.dolphinencounters.com. I highly, highly recommend it. MUCH nicer than Atlantis. We swam with dolphins then met with sea lions: Murray and his son Milo - too cute for words. Go now. Why are you still reading this...run!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!