Monday, October 19, 2009

Here we go again....

On Saturday we received two large free samples of Enfamil formula and I have to say I was completely taken aback and panic ensued. Sure, I've known for 34 weeks (or thereabouts) that I'm pregnant but it hadn't really dawned on me that I was actually having another baby!!!!

We found out in early April and I was so sick for three months that I wasn't focusing on pregnancy - I was focusing on Cate, getting through the day, doing my job and trying to eat. Then the whole move to London started up and my focus shifted to that. In the meantime I was managing our summer cottage, dealing with relatives coming and going, doing repairs, etc. and buying clothes for both babies (on sale for next summer - if it ain't a bargain, it ain't for me!). I did some  terrific and exhilarating major deals this summer which were fantastic distractions as well.

I made a list of things I need to do before the baby comes but it still didn't really hit me until I saw those cans of Enfamil formula. Everything came rushing back: the late night feedings, the crying for no reason, the GERD (awful, awful stuff), lack of sleep, diapers by the dozens and the realization that we are responsible for yet another little soul. It hit me like a train and I couldn't breathe for a minute in the realization of it. Yet this time, on top of it all - I still have to pack and move to a new country. I can do it - I just don't wanna! I want to move, I just don't feel like doing everything we have to do in order to move.

I've since calmed down and stepped up my game. First thing I did was sit down with my big belly and felt my wriggly son kick (he's a wild one!) which makes me very happy - always has. Then I counted my blessings that I'm lucky enough to have all my dreams coming true (married an amazing man, wanted two children, have my dream job, always wished I could live in London - if I could just win Lotto...). Now, I"m getting on with it.

I'm still poring over blogs and Web sites. This one cracked me up completely. Elizabeth (the author) seems like a hoot and don't miss her terrific Butternut Squash Curry recipe. I'm trying it out this week. She also told me that she can use her Kitchenaid appliances using a transformer. Lo - there's hope in the valley...

Off to make lists... the only thing I love more than making lists is scratching things off them.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    Glad you found the blog useful!

    By all means, I'm happy to take additional questions from you. Feel free to ping me directly at kristinas@gmail.com

    ~kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there, thanks for popping over. You will have a great time in London, if only because there are tons of Americans. Please feel free to send any questions to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Thanks for the mention. I *am* a hoot! :) I will start following your blog as it looks very interesting in here.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!